SnapX ("us", "we", or "our") operates the website, www.snapx.io ("website") and the SnapX snap2earn f&b reviews mobile application ("App").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
Email address, Cookies and Usage Data.
We may collect some or all of the following types of personal information:
- 1.information that you give us through your dealings with us;
- 2.information that we may collect from you; and
- 3.information that we may receive from you from other third party sources.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We also collect information about your location and physical movements in order for the App to function properly and monitor and verify forms of eligible movement for catering experience attendance. You may turn location monitoring on and off from time to time using the settings of your operating system of your mobile device but, if you disable this functionality, we will not be able to collect information relating to your snap-count and GPS/Cell-ID location which will prevent tracking and/or conversion of your snap into PIX/SNAPX tokens.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service. Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings. Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to any of our related entities.
You consent to our collection of your personal information and disclosing it to third parties where necessary and for the purposes for which it was collected.
This may include:
- 1.providing our services;
- 2.verifying your physical movement and location and issuing PIX/SNAPX tokens on the basis of this verified data;
- 3.investigating and/or preventing suspected fraud or other criminal activities or misuse of our services, including the collection and disclosure of user location and movement data for purposes in connection with our Machine Learning Anti-Cheating System, including detailed user behavioral analysis for these purposes;
- 4.where we collect or disclose information that is or relates to the Internet Protocol Address used to connect your device to the internet, for the purpose of fraud detection and management of the integrity of the SnapX game system and other services. This may include detecting when users are cheating the SnapX game system, and for handling accounts we suspect are stolen or have otherwise been compromised. This information helps us verify whether the account or associated assets belong to a particular user;
- 5.where information is or relates to system version information of your device, or the make and model of your device, for the purpose of our compatibility assessments with our software versions and other aspects of our services;
- 6.creating Marathon Leader boards of players, comprising all players or players meeting particular criteria;
- 7.operating the SnapX Marketplace;
- 8.investigating disputes between players;
- 9.using your personal information to provide you with information that you have requested from us, although we do not create a link between your user ID and your user email;
- 11.authenticating your financial account information or processing the transfer of digital assets;
- 12.authenticating your credit or debit card information;
- 13.using your personal information for marketing purposes to provide or offer services to you. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping you up to date with our latest news, events, special offers and promotion of our brand or other similar products that we think that you may be interested in. This includes both our direct marketing to you or another third party whom you have authorized us to disclose your personal information to;
- 14.notifying you about any changes to our products, website, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications, brand or services offered;
- 15.seeking your opinion and feedback on any of our services, including for the purposes of product improvement and customization, website/software improvement and personalization and other general services;
- 16.for consumer engagement and/or customer service purposes, including but not limited to identifying the effectiveness of advertising, allowing you to participate on website viral features such as sharing website content and other community features (for example, blogs);
- 17.analyzing the usage of, and improve our services;
- 18.for other general services such as website/software security, maintenance, identification of fraud or errors, internal accounting and administration, and for any other purpose that we are required or permitted to do by law; and
- 19.managing our relationships with you and our other customers.
Not limited to above, SnapX uses the collected data for various purposes:
To provide and maintain the Service To notify you about changes to our Service To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so To provide customer care and support To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service To monitor the usage of the Service To detect, prevent and address technical issues III. TRANSFER OF DATA Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Legal Requirements SnapX may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
To comply with a legal obligation To protect and defend the rights or property of SnapX To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public To protect against legal liability V. SECURITY OF DATA The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Through our website, Social Media, App and/or other software and/or mobile applications, we provide services to users throughout the world. We are primarily bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles and we will manage your personal information pursuant to these laws. In addition, as we process personal information of data subjects inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) we are also bound by Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The purpose of the following data protection information is to provide you with an understandable, transparent and concise explanation of how we intend to process your personal data in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR. However, should you require further explanations relating to our data protection or wish to exercise any of your rights, please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected].
We recognize the below rights which you enjoy under the applicable data protection law with respect to your personal data:
- Right of access: You may request information from us at any time as to whether we have stored your personal data and which personal data it has stored. We are required to provide this information to you free of charge.
- Right to rectification: If your personal data stored by us is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to demand at any time that we correct the information.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to demand that we erase your personal data if and to the extent that the data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or if the data is processed on the basis of your consent and you have opted to revoke your consent. In such cases, we must cease processing your personal data and remove that data from our IT systems and databases. You do not have a right to erasure if:
- The data may not be deleted due to a statutory obligation or must be processed due to a statutory obligation.
- The processing of data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing: If your data is processed by us on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, you may object at any time to processing by us. You may assert any and all of the rights of data subjects described above against us by addressing your specific requests by contacting our Privacy Officer via [email protected].
- Right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority: Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes data protection law.
Last modified 6mo ago